10 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi in English: In this article, you are going to read 5 sets of 10 lines and 1 set of 5 lines on Mahatma Gandhi in English. These 10 lines will be helpful for kids as well as students of all classes (nursery, LKG, UKG, classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12). So, let’s begin.
Table of Contents
10 lines on Mahatma Gandhi: Set 1
1. Mahatma Gandhi was a great freedom fighter and social activist.
2. His full name was Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
3. He was born on 2nd October 1869 in Porbandar, Gujarat.
4. His parents were Karamchand Gandhi and Putlibai.
5. At the age of thirteen, he was married to Kasturba Gandhi.
6. Gandhiji taught us the principles of Truth and Non-violence.
7. He led many movements like Non-cooperation movement, Dandi March, Quit India Movement, etc.
8. Due to his efforts India got independence from British rule in 1947.
9. He is called the ‘Father of the Nation’.
10. His birthday is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti throughout India.
Also Read: Essay on Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi Essay in English 10 lines: Set 2
1. Mahatma Gandhi was a great Indian leader and freedom fighter.
2. He was born on 2 October 1869 in Porbandar, India.
3. His father was Karamchand Gandhi and his mother was Putlibai.
4. Gandhiji is the symbol of love, peace, honesty and truth.
5. He sacrificed his life for the sake of our freedom.
6. He used tools like satyagraha and non-violence to achieve his goal.
7. He led a simple and disciplined life.
8. People call him the ‘Father of the Nation’ for his contributions.
9. We celebrate his birthday as Gandhi Jayanti in India.
10. Gandhiji’s principles and dedication will continue to inspire the country.
Mahatma Gandhi 10 lines: Set 3
1. Mahatma Gandhi played a great and unforgettable role in the Indian freedom struggle.
2. He was a peace-loving person and avoided any kind of violence.
3. His ideals were Satya (truth) and Ahimsa (non-violence).
4. He led the historic Dandi March to break the salt law.
5. He started the Quit India Movement in 1942 to end the British rule.
6. He struggled hard to overcome poverty and untouchability.
7. He tried to bring Hindus and Muslims together.
8. He was referred to as ‘Mahatma’ for his glorious works and achievements.
10. The birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti across India.
10. Gandhiji’s principles and ideologies will continue to inspire us in the future.
Also Read: Gandhi Jayanti Speech in English
10 Lines About Mahatma Gandhi: Set 4
1. Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader of the Indian freedom struggle.
2. He went to England to become a barrister. After that, he went to South Africa to practice law.
3. He used the ideals of truth and non-violence as his weapons in India’s freedom struggle.
4. Through movements like Non-cooperation Movent, Civil Disobedience Movement and Quit India Movement he fought for Indian freedom.
5. During Quit India Movement Mahatma Gandhi gave a ‘do or die’ call to the people of India and forced the British to leave India.
6. Gandhiji introduced the idea of Sarvodaya, which means ‘Universal Uplift’ or ‘Progress of All’.
7. He worked for the unity of the nation and removed untouchability.
8. Gandhiji wrote his autobiography titled ‘My experiments with Truth’ which covers his life up to 1920.
9. People lovingly called him ‘Bapu’ and the ‘Father of the Nation’.
10. Unfortunately, he was assassinated by Nathuram Godse on 30 January 1948.
Few Lines about Mahatma Gandhi: Set 5
1. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was a political and spiritual leader of India who led the country in the non-cooperation movement, Salt Satyagraha and Quit India movement.
2. He was born on 2 October 1869 in Porbandar, a town in Gujarat.
3. He was the youngest child of his parents, Karamchand Gandhi and Putlibai.
4. After passing matriculation, he went to England for further studies. Then he went to South Africa and started practising law.
5. Gandhiji returned to India in 1915 and became the leader of the Indian freedom struggle.
6. He adopted the principle of Truth and non-violence as weapons against British Rule in India.
7. He worked upliftment of Harijans. He founded Harijan Sevak Sangh to eradicate untouchability in India.
8. Greatly was greatly influenced by the writings of Leo Tolstoy, John Ruskin, etc.
9. For his contribution to Indian freedom, we all honour him by calling him the ‘Father of the Nation’ and ‘Bapu’.
10. Hind Swaraj, My Experiments with Truth, etc. are famous books written by Mahatma Gandhi.
Also Read: 10 Lines on Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
5 Lines on Mahatma Gandhi in English
1. Mahatma Gandhi was a great Indian leader and social reformer.
2. He was born on 2nd October 1869 at Porbandar, Gujarat.
3. He fought very hard against the British for our freedom.
4. His main principles were Truth and Non-Violence.
5. He dedicated all his life to the service of our nation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the books written by Mahatma Gandhi?
The famous books of Gandhi are Hind Swaraj, Conquest of Self, My Experiments with Truth (An Autobiography), etc.
Q2. What are the famous movements led by Mahatma Gandhi?
Famous movements of Gandhiji – Champaran Satyagraha (1917), Khilafat Movement (1919), Civil Disobedience Movement (1930), Quit India Movement (1942).
Q3. Who was Gandhiji’s political Guru?
Gopal Krishna Gokhle was Gandhiji’s political guru.
Q4. How did Mahatma Gandhi Die?
Gandhi was shot by the Hindu fanatic Nathuram Godse on 30 January 1948.