Rabindranath Tagore 10 Lines: Rabindranath Tagore, the first Asian Nobel Laureate, was a man of genius. In this article, you are going to read 4 sets of 10 lines on Rabindranath Tagore in English. These 10 lines are helpful for kids and students of all classes (nursery, LKG, UKG, classes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12). So, let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Rabindranath Tagore 10 Lines: Set 1
1. Rabindranath Tagore was a great Indian poet.
2. He was born in Kolkata on 7 May 1861.
3. His father’s name was Debendranath Tagore and mother’s name was Sarada Devi.
4. At the age of 17, he went to England for further studies.
5. Tagore wrote many poems, stories, songs and novels.
6. He got the Noble Prize in 1913 for Gitanjali.
7. He wrote the national anthem of India, ”Jana Gana Mana”.
8. He is called ‘Guruvdev’ ‘and’ ‘Kaviguru’.
9. He took his last breath on 7th august 1941.
10. He will remain in our hearts forever.
10 lines on Rabindranath Tagore: Set 2
1. Rabindranath Tagore was a poet, writer, composer and philosopher.
2. He was born on 7 May 1861 in the Tagore family of Jorasanko, Kolkata.
3. He was the youngest son of Debendranath Tagore and Sarada Devi.
4. He belonged to a rich and cultured family.
5. He received his education at home.
6. At the age of 17 he went to England to become a barrister.
7. He started writing at a very young age.
8. The Most Popular Works of Rabindranath Tagore are Gitanjali, Ghare-Baire, Sonar Tari etc.
9. He was the first Indian to win the Nobel Prize in 1913 for Gitanjali.
10. The great man passed away on August 7, 1941.
Also Read: Paragraph on Rabindranath Tagore
10 Lines about Rabindranath Tagore: Set 3
1. Rabindranath Tagore was a poet, writer, humanist and pride of Bengal.
2. He is popularly called “Kabiguru” and “Gurudev”.
3. He was born to Debendranath Tagore and Sarada Devi on 7th May 1861 in Kolkata.
4. He was sent to England for formal schooling.
5. But he returned to India after a few months without taking any degree.
6. Rabindranath was interested in writing poems from his childhood.
7. He published innumerable poems, songs, novels, short stories, and plays.
8. He has made invaluable contributions to the field of art and literature
9. He received the Nobel Prize in Literature for Gitanjali in 1913.
10. He breathed his last on 7th August 1941 at the age of 80.
Also Read: Essay on Rabindranath Tagore
Few Lines about Rabindranath Tagore: Set 4
1. Rabindranath Tagore, known also as Gurudev, was a poet, philosopher, musician, writer, and educationist.
2. He was born in a rich brahmin family on May 7, 1861, in Kolkata.
3. Rabindranath Tagore wrote several poems, novels, and short stories during his lifetime.
4. Gitanjali, Gora, Ghare-Baire, Amar Sonar Bangla etc. are his best-known works.
5. He was awarded the Noble prize in literature in 1913 for his poetry collection ‘Gitanjali’.
6. Rabindranath Tagore introduced the festival of Raksha Bandhan as a symbol of unity.
7. He gave up his Knighthood in a protest against the Jallianwala Massacre in 1919.
8. He composed ”Jana Gana Mana”, the National Anthem of India.
9. He played a significant role in introducing Indian culture to the world.
10. The famous Noble Laureate poet died on August 7, 1941, at his residence.